Mims: 3 Reasons Why the Ravens, Chiefs, 49ers and Lions Can Each Win the Super Bowl
As we get ready for the NFL Conference Championship Games, there is a case to be made for each of the four teams.Take the emotional attachment out of the teams and concentrate on the state of each team. Let’s look at each team statistically and find three reasons why they will be in the Super Bowl.
1).The Ravens are the number one team in scoring defense in the NFL, allowing 16.5 points a game. They held the explosive big play offense of the Houston Texans to 10 points in the Divisional Game.
2). The Ravens Red Zone Defense is ranked 2nd in the NFL. The Ravens only allow a touchdown 40.8% of the time that an opponent reaches their 20-yard line.
3).Ravens Offense is 1.65 times better in Baltimore. The Offensive splits indicate that the Ravens have 16 rushing TDs at home compared to 10 on the road. Baltimore has 17 passing TDs at home compared to 10 on the road.
San Francisco 49ers
1).The Niners have been to the NFC Conference Championship Game three of the last 4 years. They have a significant advantage in terms of playoff experience.
2) San Francisco has the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the NFL. They allow 17.5 points per game.
3) The Niners have won 13 straight home games against the Detroit Lions.
Kansas City Chiefs
1).The Chiefs are in their 6th straight AFC Championship Game. It is almost an expectation to see the Chiefs in the Big Game or contending for it.
2). Patrick Mahomes' record against Lamar Jackson is 3-1.
3). The Chiefs are 2nd in the NFL in total defense and 4th in passing yards allowed.
1) The Lions are ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing yardage allowed. They give up 88 yards per game.
2) The Lions are 3rd in total offense, averaging 394 yards per game.
3) Detroit has a 2-0 record against teams in the 2023 Playoffs.
Look for my preview of both Conference Championship Games. I'll give selections along with prop bets.