The NFL Tight End position has quite a bit of value. The QBs today rely on them as much as the WRs and many teams go with two tight ends where one is look upon solely as a receiver. If 2018 is any indication there are 7 top tier Tight Ends that can get a slew of Fantasy Points. Check out who made my team.
1) Zach Ertz – He broke the record for receptions by a Tight End in a season in 2018. He also has a career 437 catches in his first 6 seasons. He will have more room to work with the addition of DeSean Jackson stretching the field. Another banner year!
2) Travis Kelce – Kelce is great at creating mismatches downfield. His 2018 fantasy numbers had him 2nd in yards, touchdowns and receptions. Expect the same production this year.
3) George Kittle – He led the league in yardage for tight ends with 1377 in 2018. He has Jimmy Garoppolo for the entire season barring injury. That number will not go down. The touchdowns should go up. The Niners have a favorable schedule since they did not make the playoffs last year.
4) Evan Engram – Engram averaged 5.3 targets per game. His targets will go up with Odell Beckham Jr. leaving the Giants. He finished 2018 with 19 catches for 243 yards and 1 touchdown. This was in his final 3 games. Beckham did not play in those games.
5) Eric Ebron – Ebron led all tight ends with 13 TDs in 2018. I think his yards will go up to 850 while his touchdowns will drop to 11. His average targets of 6.9 a game will improve to 7.8.
6) Hunter Henry – He is my breakout man. He will take the load that Antonio Gates filled for Phillip Rivers. He is coming off an ACL injury that cost him all the 2018 season. He is worth the pick.
7) Trey Burton – My second break thru guy. He only average 4,8 targets in 2018. If utilized effectively, the Bears will see an increase to 6.3. Burton should project out to 750 in yards and 8 touchdowns. Last year he had 565 in yards and scored 5 touchdowns.
I want to know who are your top three. Tell me on Twitter. Join the conversation tonight at 8PM on #GTLivechat.
In New Jersey: PointsBet.com, Promo code: BETTORS (You can get two risk-free bets up to $1,000 if you qualify.) William Hill NJ (Deposit $50, get $50 cash) SugarHouse NJ (First deposit match up to $250)
In Asia: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of South America: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of Africa: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER