The NFL wide receiver position is tough to narrow down a top seven. Wide receivers are more durable than running backs and take less pounding. If a QB throws 25 times a game his number 1 wide out should get at least 8 targets. The top tier receivers average 10. Look at your WR defense before you draft. If his team has a subpar defense they will be trailing and must pass the ball more - that will create more targets and scoring opportunities for your wide out. If he plays for a dome team you remove the weather as a factor in half of the games.
1) Odell Beckham Jr. – Expect big things from Odell in the dog pound. Going from Eli Manning to Baker Mayfield is a step up in the QB position. He should get at least 10 touchdowns. My only concern is that OBJ has been impacted by soft tissue injuries during his time with the Giants and has missed games the past two seasons.
2) Michael Thomas – Thomas set the NFL high in receptions with 125. He should get slightly over a hundred receptions with 1200 yards. Thomas has improved each year and can overpower his opponent from the line of scrimmage and down the field.
3) Julio Jones – Jones led the league in yards last season with 1677. He has average over 1400 the past 4 years. Matt Ryan has so many good receivers, but Jones is his main man. He led the league in targets last year. A beast!
4) Deandre Hopkins – Hopkins should get 12 TDs and 1300 yards. The chemistry between Deshaun Watson and Hopkins will make the projected numbers obtainable. Hopkins has only missed one game in his 6 seasons in the NFL. He will face more double team coverage this season.
5) Devante Adams – I was tempted to take Adams higher, but I want to see how the new look offense works in Green Bay. They plan to play fast so there will be scoring chances for him. A healthy Aaron Rodgers can’t hurt either.
6) Stefon Diggs – Diggs is my breakthrough guy of the seven. He should get 8 TDs and over 1200 yds. He had 13 catches that exceeded 20 yards or more. He will improve to 15 this year. The offensive philosophy of a more ball control will not diminish the deep targets of Kirk Cousins to Diggs from play action.
7) Jarvis Landry – Landry will get a lot of single coverage because he plays with Odell Beckham Jr. Jarvis is one of the game’s more productive slot receivers. He will get 8 targets a game. Expect 8 Tds and 1000 yards. Most of his production will come in the 1st 8 games before Kareem Hunt joins to team.
We will do the top 7 tight ends on Wednesday. Follow me on Twitter and share your top fantasy players Use the #GTLivechat in your tweet.
In New Jersey: PointsBet.com, Promo code: BETTORS (You can get two risk-free bets up to $1,000 if you qualify.) William Hill NJ (Deposit $50, get $50 cash) SugarHouse NJ (First deposit match up to $250)
In Asia: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of South America: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of Africa: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER