The Borgata Hotel and Casino is offering NFL Draft party specials. So, I decided to help you get ready. If you have your draft party at your house or in Atlantic City you must select the right team to be competitive. I will give my top 7 picks at quarterback and let you decide who is the best fit for you. Make sure you look at the schedule and bye week when you submit your lineup. The weather conditions and the defense the QB is playing against are important game day considerations. And away we go.
1) Patrick Mahomes - He is the magic man with an arsenal of weapons. He threw for 50 touchdowns and over 5,000 yards. He has 10 games where he passed for over 300 yards.
2) Carson Wentz- He threw for over 3,000 yards in 11 games. If he can play 16 games. that exponentially to 4400 yards and 33 touchdowns. He has Deshaun Jackson as a deep threat. He plays for pass first, run when needed Doug Pederson.
3) Drew Brees – He don’t look or play like he is 40. Only threw 5 interceptions last year. He finished 8th among quarterbacks in fantasy scoring. I think he improves on his numbers and gets the second spot.
4) Aaron Rodgers – I expect him to bounce back to the superstar status of 2016 when he had 40 touchdowns. He finished in the top ten of quarterbacks in standard scoring fantasy leagues.
5) Baker Mayfield – He is my breakout player among the QBs. He has Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry. He will improve on his NFL rookie record of 27 touchdowns.
6) Matt Ryan – He was the number 2 quarterback in Fantasy Football last year. Julio Jones is not playing in the preseason but that does not bother me. No Tevin Coleman and a new offensive coordinator does, which is the reason I dropped Ryan down.
7) Russell Wilson – He did everything last year without an offensive line. He threw for 3400 yards and 35 TDs. He ran for 376. Wilson is durable and has never missed a game in his 7-year career.
Not making the cut are Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson. Big Ben does not have Antonio Brown anymore. JuJu Smith Schuster does not make up for that. Luck is being monitored for a calf injury that will limit his practice time. I get nervous when you are talking injury this early. Watson bounced back strong after tearing his ACL two years ago, but I am not ready to commit to him. He will give you rushing yardage so I would take him before selecting Roethlisberger or Luck.
My next post will be my top seven running backs. Share your top 3 QBs with me on Twitter.
In New Jersey: PointsBet.com, Promo code: BETTORS (You can get two risk-free bets up to $1,000 if you qualify.) William Hill NJ (Deposit $50, get $50 cash) SugarHouse NJ (First deposit match up to $250)
In Asia: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of South America: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
In parts of Africa: Pinnacle/Asian Odds
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER