MLB Friday Stat Tips: Athletics vs Phillies – Frankie Montas takes the bump against Aaron Nola on opening day
1. It may come as a surprise, but fastballs are generally a pitcher's least effective pitch. Frankie Montas has used his fastball a lot since the start of last season, though: 41.8% of the time, checking in at the 100th percentile.
2. Chad Pinder has hit 54.2% of his balls in the air 100 mph or greater since the start of last season, checking in at the 98th percentile.
3. Projected catcher Sean Murphy profiles as a good pitch framer, per THE BAT projection system.
1. Aaron Nola has put up a 12.8% Swinging Strike % since the start of last season, checking in at the 82nd percentile.
2. Rhys Hoskins is an extreme fly ball batter and matches up with Oakland's #2-ranked outfield defense in this game.
3. The Philadelphia Phillies bullpen grades out as the 3rd-best in the game, according to THE BAT.
NEW! Bettors Insider recommends OddsJam!
OddsJam is an odds comparison company that offers tools to help sports bettors become more profitable. OddsJam is the best tool for line shopping to get the best odds to become a more profitable sports bettor. We love their Arbitrage Alerts, which give you a real chance to make money using math and not your gut. Bet like a hedge fund manager! Sign up for OddsJam here!
PointsBet is NOW LIVE in Pennsylvania!
2 RISK-Free Bets up to $2,000!
1st bet matched up to $1,500, 2nd bet matched up to $500.
Sign up here!
Sign Up With Caesars! NOW LIVE in Illinois!
Bettors Insider is in the process of getting licensed in more states, but if you're in New York, New Jersey, Tennessee, Illinois or Iowa, and you're not signed up with Caesars Sportsbook, what are you waiting for? The commercials with JB Smoove, Halle Berry and the Mannings alone are worth a sign-up. And there are all kinds of perks. You can sign-up here.
Cut the Cord, Save money with Fubo TV
Fubo TV has lots of channels, tons of sports, a great price and a free trial. What could be better? Sign up for a FREE TRIAL of Fubo TV here. No hidden fees, Cancel anytime.Loyola