First race at 12:45 pm EDT.
WANNA BET HORSES?
If you're a horse player in any of 30 states, you can sign up with NYRA BETS. Promo code: INSIDER. Free first deposit match up to $200.
Belmont Races 10.20.2019
Rain is forecasted to move in around 2 pm
60̊ at post time
· Congratulations to jockey Arnaldo Bocachica @jockeyAboca for yesterdays’ results: 6 mounts: 5 wins and a place. Outstanding.
· Congratulations to jockey Jose Ortiz @jose93_ortiz for Empire Day results on Saturday: 4 winners.
· Congratulations to the Houston Astros @astros for their run to the World Series. I am certain when I tune into Benigno and Roberts @joeandevan on Monday, that they, and the callers who will grace their airwaves, will have excuses and blame, yet the reality is the Yankees merely got beat by the better team.
· FU to the Army Black Knights. You couldn’t cover your own head in a rainstorm.
· Today's horses on my radar – Private Party Parx 4, Nottoway Lrl4, Shake N Fries SA3
· I stopped after race five due to the impending rain
12:45 est Belmont Race 1
$20K Claimers 3yo+ & NW3 going 1 mile on dirt
#5 Danny California (1/1) starting this day with the odds-on ml favorite with the hope that some money falls elsewhere and the price increases. His Equibase speed and class ratings are hard to pass on. Additionally, his last four have been on an off track or turf and the fact-of-the-matter is that of his $108K lifetime earnings, only $7800 has been on turf out of three starts. Manny Franco hitting 20% winners the past 10 days get the mount and will lay near the lead then close it out.
Bets - $10/w $20/p #5
1:51 est Belmont Race 3
$10K Claimers 3yo+ going 7 furlongs on dirt
#3 Miss Loyalty (5/2) fourth race off a layoff and trainer John Toscano slowly moving her down in class seeking a win. Return to jockey Dylan Davis a positive move. Made a sharp move last out to get into contention and ran too wide, tiring in the stretch.
Bets $10/w $20/p #3
2:59 est Belmont Race 5
$50K Starter Allowance for 3yo+ going 1 mile on dirt
#4 Sargeant Drive (7/2) $150K 4yo Tapit gelding was beaten favorite in higher level allowance company this spring is going his third time in starter allowance company. Irad in the irons for his second look and will have him near the pace as the rain moves in. Look for him to stay closer in and not draw a five wide stretch as before. Should get up in time for this one.
Bets $20/w $40/p #4