Three casinos will host the competition that kicks off in February
In a move that’s sure to enhance its status as a national poker capital, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa announced Thursday it is one of three gambling dens teaming up to create a new, multi-million-dollar tournament.
The Big B is joining corporate siblings MGM Springfield in western Massachusetts and MGM National Harbor in the Washington D.C. suburb of Oxon Hill, Md. in what has been dubbed the MGM Resorts East Coast Poker Tour.
The five-tourney, multi-property contest launches with National Harbor’s Potomac Winter Poker Open Feb. 5-17 and climaxes Nov. 15-20 during what is now billed as Borgata’s Fall Poker Open $2 Million Guaranteed Championship.
In all, the ECPT includes the Armory Classic at MGM Springfield, two Potomac Poker Opens at National Harbor and two throwdowns at Borgata (Spring Poker Open, Summer Poker Open) in addition to the championship event there.
Players can qualify for the MGM Resorts ECPT leaderboard by registering for any of the five tournaments prior to the championship. A minimum of 100 players, including the five winners of the tour’s previous tournaments, five randomly selected participants (one from each tournament) and the top 90 participants on the leaderboard will receive a complimentary two-night stay at Borgata and entry into the finals. Participants must be M life cardholders to qualify.
The ECPT schedule is as follows:
* Potomac Winter Poker Open; National Harbor; Feb. 5-17 (guaranteed $500,000 championship; $3,000 buy-in).
* Borgata Spring Poker Open; April 7-24 (guaranteed $1 million championship; $2,700 buy-in).
* Borgata Summer Poker Open; July 7-24 (guaranteed $1 million championship; $2,700 buy-in).
* Potomac Poker Open; July 22-Aug. 3 (guaranteed $1 million championship; $3,500 buy-in).
* The Armory Classic; Aug. 12-24 (details TBA).
* Borgata Fall Poker Open; Nov. 15-20 (guaranteed $2 million championship; $3,500 buy-in).